View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 06:09 PM
€r!©k §µmmær$

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Hey guys, your mythical 34-card T206 sheet (17 across x 2 rows) is mathematically (and physically) impossible to fit on
a standard sheet of cardboard whose dimensions are 19" x 24".....whichever way you try to print it
Glad you jumped in Ted. I honestly enjoy when you get in on this discussion and respect your opinions on the matter. The possibility of 17 cards jumped out at me again when I realized that the Sweet Cap 150 issues all were multiples of 17 (153, 153 and 34). I don't know anything about the presses used, ALC's equipment, etc. All I know are the cards in each issue... and after that I'm just using gut, math and logic.

I know that you (and others) contend that there is no other sheet dimension that could have been used, but the uncut Obak sheet was 31" x 23.5" and had 21 cards per row (image from the Huggins and Scott auction listing below). It's interesting with the Obak that half the set (88) composition is represented in this sheet, which would lead you to believe a single additional sheet layout comprised the remaining cards (87). It's also interesting to me that while the entire set could have fit on a single sheet (179 card sheet layout, and 175 cards in the set) that the cards were split onto two different sheets. I'll guess it is because it allowed them to use two presses running at the same time to produce the cards.

Anyway, I acknowledge that the sheets were produced by different companies on different sides of the country (I believe), but I'm letting sheer logic tell me that two tobacco card sets printed at roughly the same time could have utilized the same sheet size. Is there absolutely no way possible that T206s were printed on a sheet that exceeded 19" x 24"?