View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 06:58 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4815162342 View Post
I don't keep up with modern at all, but this new set popped up in my searches. Apparently it released today.

"There are still plenty of other parallels, only these are tobacco-sized mini cards. They come with seven different back styles: Hindu Brown (1:3 packs), Hindu Red (1:8 packs), Mono Blue (1:4 packs), Mono Green (1:6 packs), Croft's Swiss Milk Cocoa (1:24 packs), Smith's Mello Mint (1:48 packs) and Panini Logo (1/1)."

"The product is rounded out by both box toppers and box bottom cards. Every hobby box comes with either a 5 x 7 Box Topper that features someone who isn't in the base set or a perforated three-card Darby Chocolate Panel. 5 x 7 cards also have randomly inserted memorabilia parallels that are numbered to 50. Every hobby box also has a three-card panel printed on the bottom of the box."

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/2...baseball-cards

Attachment 151041

I can't help but cringe a little to see my beloved Mello Mint back defaced with a Panini logo, but maybe it will get the kids interested in prewar.

I agree! I find any new cards featuring old candy tobacco brands on the back cringeworthy. It just doesn't make any sense really?