View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 09:10 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Mays Hayes View Post
Hello vintage world! I have been collecting modern cards for awhile but realized that the true beauty of baseball cards is in vintage. I think it ridiculous for someone to pay thousands of dollars on a superfractor baseball card with a players signature on it when you could own a real piece of baseball history instead! I have set my eyes on the t-205 set because there are many low end affordable cards for me and I find the gold border to be very aesthetically appealing. I have decided to go for quantity over quality of cards based solely because of my budget. I hope learn more about vintage cards from this forum!
Henry
Welcome aboard, Henry. Great user name! I got a good chuckle from it.

It sounds like you're following the same path I did. I was a big Bowman Chrome prospect autograph collector. I have about 150 of them, some of which are quite valuable (Mike Trout, Clayton Kershaw, etc). And I'll still buy an occasional card or two from that line. But seeing Kris Bryant's gold refractor auto redemption go for $5,000 (not even the auto, as you know, just the promise of an auto), well, I'd had enough with the rat race. Every three months, a new set of prospect autos would come out. Bowman, Bowman Chrome, Bowman DP&P. I just got sick of trying to keep up.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here on Net 54. The members are great. The discussions are also much more interesting. I love learning about the history of the game, and the hobby.

Have fun. I look forward to seeing your collection grow!

Bill

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.