View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 04:14 PM

Default 1910-15 Hinds Honey & Almond Cream Stamps SET Baseball Football Boy Scouts, etc.

As I am focusing solely on pre-war HOFers, I find this set, beautiful as it is, doesn't fit the theme so I'd rather sell here and repurchase something more in line with my focus.

this is the 1910 to 1915 "Hinds Honey & Almond Cream" Stamps Complete Set (as far as I know). The key images, of course, are the beautifully lithographed stamps for Baseball and Football, but it also includes Swimming, Skiing, Horseback Riding, Auto Racing, Speedboat Raciing, Skating, Canooing, a Cowboy apparently holding up a stranger!, a really cool one that I believe is of the Boy Scouts based on their uniforms (building a fire), a similar one of the Girl Scouts (?), Fishing (two ladies fishing the hard way, by net!), Flying (this has to be one of the earliest images of an airplane on a collectible item), Dancing, etc. If someone needs one of these other images closeup, let me know well in advance of the auction's end.

There are a total of 20 stamps, all 1-3/4" x 2-1/4" and all in outstanding condition. Not sure how to grade stamps, but these are unused, unhinged, free of any creases or print defects, and have sharp perforated edges and corners. I would think these are Mint, and if a TPG will grade them, it could be a real bargain to buy, grade and split up.

Forgive the blurry scans - all I have right now is my cell phone and I shake too much to get a super sharp image.

YOU ARE BIDDING ON THE ENTIRE SET OF 20 STAMPS! Auction starts at $20, increments of $5. Postage paid by me, and payment due via PayPal Friends & Family within three days of auction's end. Auction ends at 9:00 PM CST on Wednesday, August 6th.