View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 07:41 AM

Default Grammar and syntax

Knew it would expose me at some point.

I meant to say that I had gotten most of these autos while they were living, most were very generous autograph signers. A few I got posthumously.

I know you are a huge O's fan--I have never seen one of Belanger autographed (d 1998 of lung cancer). If you ever run across one I am highly interested.

My personal favorite is Dave Kocourek's card. He signed this for me before he developed severe dementia. Dave suffered with this for almost a decade before dying of it in 2013. I corresponded with his now widow for years. The common link is she was one of the major litigants against the NFL along with John Mackey's widow in the concussion settlement.

Two of my patients are former NFL players and as part of that class action lawsuit I sent their records to Ron Mix. (Fortunately they haven't had any memory issues despite playing over 10 years in the league). Ron got his law degree from USC I think while he was still playing. There is an army of lawyers on both sides but he is the main one. He graciously signed a couple of MBs for me and we spoke several times. He is a notoriously difficult autograph to obtain.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MB Autos Kocourek and Mix.jpg (71.6 KB, 296 views)