View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 09:21 PM
Bruce C.

Well, finished day 3, and didn't pick up much. Spent most of the day looking for a 1962 Fleer football Billy Shaw, found 5 but 4 were the typical way off center and the 5th was pretty beat. I did pick up an E135-type blank back for a good price.

Went to the PSA awards luncheon, and met a few NET54 members there. Nice luncheon and nice gifts. Big news there is that PSA will start giving true numeric grades to the freaks, ghosts, 2 names, etc. that are all the rage now days.

I've got to agree with others, I'm not sure how many of the dealers really want to make sales. It's tough to tear them away from their discussions with each other to show you cards in their cases. I also can't see how some of these guys expect to make any money either. Lots of 80s/90s junk boxes everywhere. Quite a few dealers I haven't seen anyone visit them.

Also agree about the food. First thing in the morning and the coffee stand isn't even open. Actually, it's never been open. Good thing is they have Labatt Blue Light on tap, anyone looking for me there's the possibility I'm taking my break there.