View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 06:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigtrain View Post
I was joking of course guys lol.

Also, it seems like the forgeries lately are getting cruder and cruder. I really wonder if there are any actual "consignors" or if the owners of CC just forge the stuff themselves.
The later I'm sure. IMO, a handwriting analyst would find upwards of 80% of all items signed by deceased players to be executed by the same hand, and the writing implements do not appear to differ as well.

The same signature errors appear on almost all of the Ruths, trajectory approached from angles that Ruth's signature writing mechanism could not have executed, and this is true of many other players as well.

There are even some examples that appear to be directly copied (very slowly drawn with multiple retracing of the written line) from forged exemplars (yes, forgeries of forgeries), which is why for the most part, the signatures are performed so poorly, whoever is doing this is absolutely the most talentless forger in the world, IMO. It's so obvious that they may as well sign an old Bible, "Best Wishes, Moses 1455 B.C."

Last edited by William Farrell; 07-31-2014 at 06:04 PM.