View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 03:16 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports-rings View Post
Bob - when do you think it's acceptable to alert the collecting community? A day before the auction goes live?

Or an hour before?

How about moments after the auction?

or a day or week after the auction?

which is it?

You would have a much stronger argument, and I would agree with you if I called out an auction that had a piece that was challenging to authenticate.

Bob, how hard was this piece to verify? This is the equivalent of a Babe Ruth autograph being auctioned that did not look anything like a Babe Ruth signature.

So I can be a better participator in the collecting community, please answer my question about proper timing - this is the second time I have posted this question to you.
Michael,
I agree with Chris and Bob. Their timeframe for action was reasonable, but did not meet your desire for immediacy. If they had ignored you or told you to pound sand, the course you took would be more than appropriate. You were being a pain in the ass. Look at the situation objectively and 'Own it'. Many of us have been in your place many times. I have learned that being in a righteous position does not always lead me to my best behavior.