View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 09:30 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu View Post
Happy to provide a few more details Bill!

My name is Bryan. In a stroke of genius I moved to New Orleans 12 months before Katrina and have been here since. I am also originally from Milwaukee and a huge Brewers, Packers, and Bucks fan. I am a tropical biologist and study primates in the Amazon.

I don't have a specific set or two that I focus on, I like to dabble in a little bit of everything. I am interested in cards from before the 1950s, with serious interest in pre-war issues.
That's really cool, Bryan. It sounds like you have a fascinating job. And I can only imagine some of the immunizations you must need traveling to the Amazon. Being a fellow native of Milwaukee, I have to ask, have you added any of the T206 Milwaukee Brewers? They're generally pretty inexpensive unless they're in high grade.

These Brewers were, of course, a minor league team, members of the old American Association. They are not to be confused with the Brewers that played in Milwaukee from 1894 to 1901, and later became the Baltimore Orioles team we know today. Still, I think it's pretty neat that there are four Milwaukee Brewers in the T206 set.

The T206 Brewers: Shad Barry, Stoney McGlynn, Dan McGann, and Newt Randall. Images courtesy of t206resource.com

In fact, I have not yet added any of them. Time to remedy that!

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.