Thread: Questions???
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 09:35 PM
Mark Medlin

Default Way to go....

Jollyelm - I am deeply upset with you. Although I do not know you, your post has cost me time and money. As a conventioneer and card store owner through much of the 80's, I have owned most if not all post war regular issued cards. In my latest foray into the card world I had stayed very selective. Only prewar baseball. Some select football, lots and lots of N and T non sports. Now This...

You posted that damn picture of that 76 Bench. Like you didn't even know that was my favorite card as a kid. When I saw it, I could smell the gum. Feel the smoothness of the wax, the dustiness of the powder on the gum. That one little picture has opened up Pandora's box. I am now buying 76 and 77 baseball. High bidder on some 61 baseball lots on the bay. Bought two 61 Mays AS cards here tonight. So thanks. Thanks alot for forcing me back into the post war baseball card scene.

I am sure those 76, 77 and 78 cards are more liquid now than they were in the 80's (not!!!)

In closing, the reality is that I am thankful for that picture. I brought back a FLOOD of memories.

Thanks,
Mark