View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 09:28 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
Chris, as the OP said, there was nothing inappropriate about the Seinfeld reference. I'm sure that Seinfeld, and Larry David, and every other Jew associated with that show lost relatives in the Holocaust, too

As did I. The name "Atkatz" is a bastardization of the name of a town in Lithuania. That town no longer exists. Wanna guess where it went? On my other side, my maternal grandfather, Isadore Horowitz, came here from Lodz, Poland. Ever hear of the Lodz Ghetto? I don't think the Horowitzs left behind fared too well.

I've enjoyed getting along with you lately, Chris, and I'd like to keep it that way. So, to reiterate, there was nothing inappropriate about what I said.

My opinion on the DiMaggio is not relevant. I'm no expert on DiMaggio, so my opinion would be worthless.
I'm Jewish too and I wasn't offended in the least about the "Autograph Nazi" remark. I thought it was funny. Werdesheims, Bercovich's & Horkheimers OH MY. With a name like Tapia? Go Figure. Shelly has thick skin and it's ok to bust balls once in a while.

Oh, and the Dimaggio is authentic and faded worth about 150-180 IMHO