View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 07:01 PM

Default Stoneman not found...

...by a long time Cubs collector I messaged yesterday. He has been looking for this as long as I have.

He brings up a good point: Topps corrected in mid 1968 4 cards. Those would be the Lonborg/Lonberg AL Pitching #10 card and McCormick #400 WL card, both fixed during the series run. Correction of the Brinkman and Cox White Team Letters did not occur until MID year after the full print run; the team letters were properly made yellow in the Milton Bradley and Venezuela versions of the cards. This collector has never seen a Venezuelan Stoneman card. If the half sentence would have been corrected at the very end of the 2nd series run to give us a findable variation, then you should expect that it would have been corrected on the Venezuelan back.

I went back tonight and looked again at all of my Stoneman Milton Bradley cards. None have the corrected version. These were produced around late May or early June.

Several years ago I checked out a card shop in the North Chicago area--this guy had about 100 1968 Stonemans. I found nothing there.