View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 11:36 AM
Eric Matthews

I will apologize directly to Ken Goldin, but want to publically apologize for suggesting his system did not work properly. I now understand that it was my failure to understand the system, as pointed out by several members above, that when a bid is received on ANY item, it resets the 15 min extended clock for all items. I've don't many online auctions and have only seen the 15 min clock reset for the items that were bid on.
Goldin's system worked exactly as it was designed.

Additionally, I could not bid because I was already the leading bidder.

I am still upset at the reply Ken Goldin sent me. I thought there were issues with the system and was trying to help. I was not calling. I was not texting. I sent e-mails!

You can see from each message I thought there was a problem with the system and had an increasing number of people complaining of the same issue with each new message I sent him. I was sending updates with more information each time. When there is a problem, it is something that is very time sensitive and it's important that information is relayed.
- After his inital reply, I thought it was just me and tried clearing my cache and refreshing my browser.
- Then I heard from two others who also thought there were problems, so I sent an update to let Ken know that maybe it wasn't just me.
- Then when a group of 30+ were chatting and all 30 felt something was wrong, so I sent another update to let him know that whole group of collectors thought it was an issue.

I now know we were all incorrect in our understanding of how he was running the auction. I sent the facts as I understood them each time; and each time, with the intent to be informative and helpful. I was never nasty, condescending, or threatening.