View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 09:46 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtigers65 View Post
How about the game I almost saw; a couple years ago I had a chance to see a Tuesday night Giants game but decided not to go. Matt Cain threw a perfect game that night.
I have the opposite story about that game. I was offered a pair of tickets about 4 hrs before the game by my neighbor and accepted. Aside from the Giants playing good ball, there wasn't much added gate appeal for a Tuesday night game vs the Astros, so there were lots of no shows, and tickets given away. Anyway, it was an amazing night and I got some good video of the final out from about 15-20 rows back of 1st base.

Earlier that year, while kicking off my bachelor weekend, I saw Cain and C Lee go toe to toe into the 10th in a 0-0 tie... think Cain gave up 1 hit. Giants eventually won in extras. Cain was just nails in 2012.

Another memorable game was Timmy's complete game, 14 K, 1-0 shutout in game 1 of the 2010 NLDS vs the Braves. The combo of its being a younger Timmy in full form, overpowering to the last out, and a super raucus crowd (many wearing the "Let Timmy Smoke" t's that were very popular in 2010).. and the fact I was with my dad, make that a game I'll remember forever.

Last edited by itjclarke; 07-15-2014 at 09:47 PM.