View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 07:54 AM
Dustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
A very warm welcome aboard, Dustin. I look forward to seeing your collection grow, and having many interesting discussions with you over the coming years.

Bill
Thank you Bill for the warm welcome. I am one who always has questions so I will be sure to ask them and discuss topics in the hobby with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klrdds View Post
Welcome.
I feel a common bond with you. I collected while in high school, but had to stop during college and dental school and while I built my practice and paid off debt. The only things I got were in person items , gifts or cheap items I could afford while saving. In a way that made it fun.
I then began collecting in earnest again after about 5 years post-graduation from dental school.
Best wishes to you for med school, and remember this hobby will still be here when you graduate, and when you can begin collecting to your heart's (or wallet's) content.
Good Luck
It definitely sucks having to sell your collection. I didn't have a lot of stuff or even rare stuff, but I had spent over $600 bucks for my collection so I was kind of proud of what I had put together. I sold all my stuff for cash and silver coins, then I turned around and sold the silver coins for cash and bought my books.

Thank you Kevin for the best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
Welcome to the site, Dustin.

I, too, have had to sell off my collection to pay debts...that may not be as uncommon as you think. As a matter of fact, I have done it on more than one occasion.

Your interest in the T206 will find a wellspring of knowledge and assistance from the board members.

Happy Collecting!
Thank you for the warm welcome Raymond. It definitely sucked having to sell it off, but in a way it has refocused my collecting this time around and into the vintage side of things and I also made enough money for my books. Kind of a catch-22 situation but it had to be done.

I love the history of the T206 set as well as other vintage such as E-90, 48 Bowman, 33 Goudey, and the Cracker Jack sets.... Those listed are the ones I am the most eager to collect and learn about.