View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 12:43 PM
Ben North

Default Visited Bob Feller Musuem

Went to Des Moines IA to a Motley Crue/Alice Cooper concert Friday and stopped at the Bob Feller Museum in Van Meter IA Saturday on the way home.

I went with 2 friends and 1 of the other guys bought a Tony Oliva auto ball. The lady there loved us. Before we left we donated between $70-$100 to the museum besides our 3 items purchased. I donated $50, Monte donated $20, and I did not see how much Henry donated but I seen him hand her money and tell her it was a donation. Neither one of my friends are baseball fans at all, the only reason Monte bought the ball was because when he was a kid Tony used to hunt on his Grampas land and stay at their hunting lodge back in his early playing days. Tony married a girl from a little town 30 miles away from me.

When I bought the 2 autos right before I left when I went to pay for them the lady told me they were $10 each. I said no and showed her the sign saying they are $20 each. Them she TOLD me they are only $10 each for me. So I gave her a $20 for the autos and them laid another $20 on the counter told her it was another donation and we all left. I would highly recommend stopping if in the Des Moines area.

Here are a few pics from the trip. Since Large Ass Herzog was busy I brought Wade "slightly trimmed" Boggs with.
1) Our first gas stop was in Blue Earth MN so I figured we better stop and say hello to the 55' Jolly Green Giant while there.
2) A picture of the outside of the Wells Fargo Arena before we attended the concert. Everyone had a great time at the concert from what I remember.
3) Wade "slightly trimmed" Boggs sitting on the cool brick work on the north side of Bob Feller Museum.
4) Brick work with out Wade.
5) Nice autos I bought the smaller card is 3 1/2" X 5 1/2".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN3817.jpg (69.8 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN3818.jpg (73.5 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN3820.jpg (76.2 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN3819.jpg (79.2 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN3826.jpg (74.8 KB, 69 views)