View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 06:19 AM
Joe Drouillard

Default Parking for the induction ceremony

On Sunday morning if you drive up the hill to the area where the Induction Ceremony takes place you will find several homes that sell parking spaces. They range from $5-$15. The walk is only a few blocks to the field. Take sun screen if its sunny. I believe there are six inductees this year and that's a lot of speeches. My wife and I always pack a cooler full of cold drinks and sandwiches, but the local High School sells hot dogs like they do at the ball park.

Lots to do during the weekend. Don't miss the card show and sale at the VFW across the street from the Hall. Not a big show, but quality pre-war vendors. I spend a lot of time there on Saturday, while my wife goes shopping in the village. She always finds a few non-baseball treasures and is very happy.

Lots of great places to eat. I actually prefer to buy hamburgers and hot dogs from the street vendors along Main Street, but if you want a good sit down meal there are several good spots in town.

Best of all is the museum itself. They have really done a great job to keep the exhibits fresh and interesting. I go to Cooperstown every year and I always see something that I never seen before.

Enjoy your trip and don't get to frustrated with the crowds purchasing autographs.

Best regards,

Joe