View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 01:23 PM
Bill Boyd

Default A look at Ruth's eyes and info to many Ruth photos in Goldin Auction.

hi all,
This all started a little over a year ago when I came on board showing a few Ruth photos from my cousin's collection. I researched his collection somewhat, but almost all the information regarding these photos, I got from you, so again I thank you very much. That is why I had so many questions some time ago, but in the meantime, I have grown to love the photo collection hobby.
So now I can say finally, that the collection is up for preview as we speak, at Goldin Auction, sorry, no iconic photos, (I know how you guys love that term), but there are some of interest. 168 in all.
Joe Williams interviewing Ruth 2 months before the "called shot". Some classics of Ruth Day and 25th yankee stadium anniversary, a few VanOeyens photos, and a couple of Henry Seid.
Of interest is three pictures which made the front page of the Cleveland Press. One photo has written on the back, "Ruth's eyes". The copies of these three I found in VanOeyen's collection and the WRHS. All three have never been seen before because I believe they were never distributed to other newspapers (I don't believe), as it was just an in house article relating to Ruth being sick and rumors of his decline.
Again, these photos are not mine, but with the owners permission, now that they are posted on Goldin's preview, I can talk and post a few that I have scanned. and if anybody is interested, I can give you maybe, a little further information about the photos. All came out of the Cleveland Press archives.
You helped me, and I hope to help you, as much as I can.
Lance, now you can let the cat out of the bag.
Thank You

Bill Boyd

Ruth article pg 1 .jpg

Ruth Article Pg 2369.jpg
here is the newspaper article of the three photos.

Last edited by billyb; 06-19-2014 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Additional info