View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 11:06 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Maybe because in your rush to criticize you put up the wrong flip?

I love the watermark and think the new flip will look much better with the green border. I would expect it to still be a few to several weeks out based on what they said before. I have some cards on the way back with the first generation of the new flip. They are fine to me but I do understand others not caring for them.
Leon, I really wasn't rushing to judgement, but if I gave you, or anybody else that impression, then I sincerely apologize.

When SGC first released the mockup of their new flip, yes, I was unhappy, and I voiced my opinion. I also made a point to thank them when it was announced they were going to revamp the flip based on feedback they received from the members of this forum.

I realize that it's impossible for SGC to make everybody happy. I also realize that even the greatest of companies misstep from time to time (new Coke, Windows 8). But SGC proved their mettle, and my opinion of them, which was already quite favorable, shot up exponentially. So, when I was critical of this first generation, my comments were made with the knowledge that this was just a temporary thing, and that changes for the better were going to come. It appears that I did not communicate that effectively, however, and that is on me.

I agree with you, Leon, that the green border is going to make a big difference. I think will provide some order to the information that is being presented. It also creates some continuity with the prior design, as does the dark green field at the flip's top, with the white SGC lettering.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.