View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 10:51 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

I don't believe Jason sees the full picture because he is not exposed to the problem as much as we are in the south along the border states. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are illegal immigrants in New Jersey, but I can guarantee you the illegal immigrants to citizens ratio is a lot lower there than it is here in Texas. Jason, do you know if you go to an emergency room here in Houston, you'll wait a minimum of two hours unless it's a life threatening emergency? Why? Because the ERs are full of illegal immigrants. They know that the ERs can't legally turn them away and they have to treat them. Since they don't have health insurance, and most can't afford a doctor, they go to the ER when they're kid has the sniffles. Do you think they ever pay that ER bill? No and that's one of the (many) reasons why our health care costs so much. I could go on and on about other problems as well, but I'll leave it at that.

If I had my way, we would round them all up and send them back home to start with. I know that will never happen due to logistics and cost. At that point we could issue temporary work visas to allow some to come over. Nobody (well, nobody reasonable) is arguing that we don't need their cheap, unskilled labor. Heck, I don't want to pay $3 for an apple or an orange. Once their work visas expire, they go home and let other workers come over. Keep repeating the process. That would make it fair to all of them to get a fair chance. Anyway, that would be my idea but, realistically, I know it will never happen.