View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 10:56 AM
Hen.ry Mos.es

Default factory 7 district 3

please refer to "gift slip" if you have one in hand - if not I can make a scan of one. I'm specifically looking at coupon number 89-6-14 as it was issued from the Anargyros factory 7 - 3rd district for the cards (only Hamilton King Girls)/silks/leathers/large leathers "presents". "Turkish Trophies Gift slips.......and Helmar Gift Slips......are of equal value in securing presents......". This suggests some of the possible muddling between brands and promotions as a result of being under the ATC.
I would agree that it would be nice to have an answer. Lacking that - reasoned conjecture seems a likely path to travel down. Not so sure anyone is "guessing" - I read your article a while back and will look at it again later - I have to believe you made some guesses :-). When people I respect make guesses I look at it a little differently than a carnival barker.
As the pack has now been revealed as within the correct time frame for ATC promotions (even the additional couple of years beyond the 1910-1914 period suggested by a 1909/1910 act/series don't nessesarily preclude the relationship either as has been demonstrated with similar promotions undertaken by the ATC) I think that the T3's are a favorably weighted choice. Maybe if we all keep "guessing" - we'll eventually get to the correct conclusion in the absence of reliable emperical evidence.

Last edited by 1880nonsports; 06-11-2014 at 01:59 PM. Reason: to try unsuccessful for clarity relative to the tax stamp