View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 08:02 PM
Mikeknapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainier2004 View Post
I would guess there are some 1914 and 1915 sets be handed down within families and those cards would be raw, but may not see the market for decades. It seems you see a large set break every so often including 1914s, there was one by a member here sold thru LOTG 12 months or so including a nice Pratt. So its long dry spells with sudden large bursts...followed by long dry spells.
I am a VERY casual pre-war collector. I have never considered paying to have a card in my collection graded. I have to believe there many other collectors here such as I that have a least one ungraded 1914 CJ in their collections. I am always curious when I read threads discussing population reports. Perhaps I am naïve but I have to believe that the population numbers aren't necessarily reflective of the quantity of individual cards out there. I have a decent Sam Crawford from this set that I have held onto for more than 20 years. I believe it would grade a 3-4. This would raise the number of Crawford cards on this list to 52. Does anyone else here have any 1914 CJs that have never been graded? I'm curious how much we could raise the numbers in this combined population report?