View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 08:53 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetruth View Post
Thanks guys, for real. Everything adds up to me passing on this one. I mean hey sometimes you can get lucky on something...but you have to be realistic. The facts don't add up. That's why I came here. You all have helped greatly. Thanks a lot.
Happy to help, Dave.

One more thing. Going back to what Jeff said: why buy an 8? You could find a 7 (or even a 6) that looks just as nice, and you'll pay a hell of a lot less money for it. With the money you save, you could buy another really nice card (or two).

There's one thing you'll learn as you collect more. Buy the card, not the slab. Remember, you're paying for somebody else's opinion when you buy a graded card. There's great value to be found in cards if you look beyond that number on the flip. There are 6s that look better than 7s. There are 7s that look way better than 8s. Develop your eye.

BTW, don't ever feel stupid asking for help. That's why this forum is here. It's not only a place to share our collections, and to buy and sell cards safely. Net 54 is a great source of education. You didn't feel completely comfortable with this transaction. That's a good thing. That means your instincts were correct. You're already headed in the right direction.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 05-31-2014 at 09:02 PM.