View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 10:14 AM
Al

Default takes while sometimes

well here is a little story that will make you think the next time you ship something. I did a deal with a good board member this year. Item was paid for right away and I shipped it the next day. He is in the military and provided me with an APO address. I told him I had never shipped an item to a military address before and was a little hesitant. but I did. I put tracking on it and told him the item was sent. Sent him the tracking #. He told me it takes 3-4 weeks to get the item and not to worry. Well I checked the tracking # about 10 days in and tracking says it was delivered! Wow I thought thats great. Well 2 weeks later I get an email from our board member asking me if I sent the item ,I said yes and I said I gave you the tracking #. He asked me where I sent it, and I said I sent it to the address you provided me. Well to make a long story short 3 months later he himself had to track the package down in Turkey (I had no idea where it went as that isnt in the address) and have a friend send it to him at the new address he was at now! Still packed as I sent it and to the address he provided me with! My lesson here is I will never ship an item to a military APO FPO address ever again! Item was $300+piece. I will ship the item to a relative in the states and they can forward it to the person in the military.
lesson learned and it wont happen to me again.

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..

Last edited by batsballsbases; 05-28-2014 at 10:40 AM.