View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 10:09 AM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
That's crap.

Gary, with all due respect to you, it took as much "courage" for him to do that, as it is taking for me to type this.

Doug
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
Maybe Gary got confused about the meaning of the word "courage" with Memorial Day coming up and all.

And Gary, the "past" you claim I brought up about Joey occurred in April of 2014 when he was still committing fraud on eBay. He also lied repeatedly in this thread, claiming he's been on the straight and narrow for two years when dozens of Net 54 members know first hand that this is not true. Is the past which includes the previous few days not fair game when judging someone's character?
I do not condone what Joey has done one bit, whether it was the nonpayment of items that he contractually agreed to purchase or the continuous lying to try to cover his tracks. However, I think it does take some courage to admit your mistakes even on a public internet forum like this. There have been some fairly inflamed threads on this board in the past, and some shady characters, and Adrian, of course. I could be wrong, but I don't remember anyone apologizing for their actions in any of those threads. If it were that easy to just fall on your sword, it would have been done more often in the past. In addition, I believe the first step in many addiction treatment programs such as AA is to admit you have a problem. If admitting you have a problem were not important, it would not be the first step.

Again, I realize that there is a vast difference between talk and actions. Joey could very well be publicly saying he has a problem, but not truly admitting it to himself. Therefore, there is no question that he has further to go. He cannot continue to do what he's done, and he definitely cannot continue to compulsively lie. I hope that he can turn things around in the future.