Thread: New SGC Look?
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 05:59 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default The Flip Stampede

I'm sitting here in amazement at the irony of this thread and others.

Members chime in unison about the poor quality of the holders (any TPG) and rail on about fraudulent cards being placed in cracked holders and resold, holders (or gaskets) that don't hold the cards, or holders that are too thick or too thin.

Then the members in unison get all bent out of shape and chime in about a change in flips, whose sole purpose is to identify the card, certify its authenticity and assign an opinion regarding its condition.

And then when it comes to the cards themselves, members generally agree in unison and chime in with the Net54 mantra "Buy the card and not the holder".
If the holder and the flip are so (expletive deleted) important, more so than the card itself, isn't the mantra a bit hypocritical?

Furthermore these threads tend to promote behavior seen in conga lines with someone expressing their "personal" opinion (regarding the flip for example) and then the entire symphony orchestra feels compelled to respond in harmony usually.

Change is inevitable. Some will resist. Others will adapt. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but following a leader in lockstep didn't work in Jonestown for the Koolaid drinkers.

Be independent, my friends, and don't get swept away by the wave of a Net54 thread. Maybe everyone should design a flip they would be happy with and post it. Do you think we would agree on which one is the best? I respectfully think not.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.

Last edited by frankbmd; 05-22-2014 at 07:12 PM. Reason: The lemmings have left the building.