View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 12:34 AM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyF1981 View Post
Finding a way to talk about the hobby and not always feel compelled to buy something is what im working towards. Its getting those moments under control that i havent figured out yet.
While I respect Jeff for always consistently maintaining a tough stance and fighting against shilling and detrimental parts of the hobby, there is no question to me, at least, that when he sets his sights on someone, his language often leaves something to be desired. It seems that he purposely tries to insult and inflame the person that he is attacking, and there would be better ways to accomplish what he is trying to do, but it is what it is.

Joey, you have admitted your faults, and apologized profusely in a public forum, which still must've taken some courage. However, you should know that admitting a problem and actively doing something about it are two very different things. And when you have a history of these issues, they can follow you around for a very long time, as you can see from this thread. You can walk the straight and narrow path, but there will still always be people who will bring up your past. And if you continue to not pay when you agree to purchase an item, that will only give further ammunition to your detractors. You can say to yourself that you're not really hurting anyone because they still have their item, and you never took any money from them. However, it will continue to stain your reputation. No one will take you at your word or trust you, and there will continue to be threads such as this where people will continue to heap loads and loads of misery towards you. You can only apologize so long before everyone will simply tune you out completely.

I know you have had a run of bad situations, and I hope that you can dig yourself out of this. Sometimes it is just a series of small steps where you can work yourself back to having the life you want to have rather than letting things overwhelm you. I enjoyed many of the posts you had on the forum especially in vintage photography and seeing the knowledge you've accumulated and shared. I hope that you can come back to being a contributing member of this board soon. Take care.

Last edited by glchen; 05-22-2014 at 12:36 AM.