Thread: strip cards
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 10:26 AM
Steve Birmingham

One of the reasons some people found it odd that you knew the set designation is that there are lots of strip card sets, and some come in multiple versions - Including some that aren't cataloged as different versions. Identifying strip cards takes a bit of looking through the books the first couple times.

As it's been said, most will grade as "A". The companies look for whatever they consider to be full borders, usually all or most of any dotted lines that were between cards.

They're somewhat challenging sets, even the small ones. Some are more challenging. Hardly any are considered good looking. I like them, but I'm not in the majority. When I started collecting they were pretty cheap when you found them, and I don't have many because somehow they're still stuck in my mind as being $2-5 cards, maybe 10 for a great player and a bit more for the really big names. That's changed as the in- career cards of the biggest names have gotten expensive.

As an aside, you may have noticed it's a pretty snarky crowd here. Don't take it personally, pretty much everyone would get the same sort of response. (The question was a bit vague....)

Steve B