View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 10:17 AM
Mike Navarro

Default Graphs for sale, George Washington, Cobb, Thorpe, Cy Young, Princess Di, Edison, etc.

All prices are NET to me via paypal. OR, you are welcome to pick up at my office in Texas for some of the higher priced items if you wish.

Beautiful, vintage Ty Cobb signed baseball. $4995

This is NOT single signed, but is a great, bold example of the Georgia Peach. Ball is now slabbed by JSA/BGS (sorry for the crappy cell phone pic)

Here are some nice photos before slabbbing

For you Yankees and Red Sox fans, the ball has also been signed by Everett Scott. The "Deacon" played 12 seasons from 1914-26 and served as captain of both the fabled New York Yankees, as well as the Boston Red Sox. He is a member of the Boston Red Sox Hall of Fame and played on 3 Red Sox World Series championship teams. He was also on the Yankees 1923 World Series winning team. Scott held the record for most consecutive games played until his steak was bested by the Iron Horse in 1933.

Also signed by a couple of others including 1919 Black Sox Manager William "Kid" Gleason and Joe Boley.

The J.C. Toole of course is not an authentic signature. It is part of the ball's design.

Next up is a fantastic Cobb letter written on several of his personal note cards. Shows an intensely personal side of the Peach.

"I am going to ward off with God's help the "bow out" or final curtain as long as possible." Even the great Ty Cobb recognized his own mortality. $1500

Next is a cool multi signed piece. Some of the greatest athletic talent of the early 1900's including the Peach, Jim Thorpe, Jack Dempsey, and Pop Warner. The back features several prominent golfers including a scarce signature of Masters champion Craig Wood (Back was scanned prior to slabbing). $2500

Next up is an envelope signed by the Peach, "T.R. Cobb". Because of condition issues, this one is priced cheap at $650.