Thread: May pickups
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 11:18 AM

Hey Matty,

Thanks for posting scans of your marvelous acquisitions. That Nolan Ryan is perfect, with its centering just the way you want it---distinctly sweet dead-centered! Without a doubt, that beauty is one of, if not, THE best card they produced in '75. The pose cropped to perfection, Nolan's intent look, the mountain in the background, the gorgeous dual colors framing it, and of course the time period---Nolan had pitched 2 no-hitters in 73, another in 74, and would pitch his fourth late in the spring of 75. Most baseball fans rated Nolan right at the top, in spite of his W-L record, 'cause his team was so weak offensively. Awesome card.

I for one would like to know by what basis would PSA smear that great-looking Mantle with a 2.5? What does it have--50 back creases or something? The picture registry is dead-on. Since I cannot look back without destroying what I've written, I do not recall any unsightly print defects. I would say to the grader the theme song line from the old Chatter the Chimp show:

"CHATTER, WHAT'S THE MATTER WICH YOU?!!?"

---Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 05-15-2014 at 01:21 AM. Reason: That my palabber might be better understood