View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 04:44 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonD08 View Post
Who is calling names? Mario, I am not kicking you about anything…..trust me if I did you would not be posting. You are correct, I do not know you from Adam, but you came on here and pressed an opinion that I am certian that is flipped and not entirely accurate. So when I post my opinion you call it name calling or kicking? Not true Sir. I call nobody names. Let's keep this to cards and let people respond that have actually done business with irishhosta. Again, I have no dog in this fight, but I will not be silent and let someone who is chapped because a price did not go their way to sit here and down-grade a good seller. Atleast they grade accurately and are honest sellers. Also I understand you paid your dues with grad school and all…..alot of us are educated. But we all know that does not mean anything when it comes to character and running a business. You must be a banker, stock trader, or politician.

Take care,
Jason
Jason, for somebody with "no dog in this fight", you sure appear to be taking this whole thing quite personally. I'm not trying to pick a fight with you at all. Please know that. But it is my opinion that you need to take a deep breath, step back, and look at this dispassionately. You were not at all privy to the communication between Mario and this dealer. It may very well be that the seller, whom you hold in high regard, did indeed back out of a deal.

If this dealer agreed to terms, and then raised the prices after the fact, it matters not if the deal was negotiated off of Ebay. A handshake agreement, at least in my mind, is binding. There may be no written rule governing this type of transaction, but I believe that is the ethical way to do business. A man is only as good as their word.

Secondly, you may have had nothing but good transactions with the seller in question. That's great. It appears from this topic that Mario did not, and your having a great history with this seller does not preclude them from having bad transactions with other buyers. As has already been pointed out, an auction they currently have on Ebay is using blatantly misleading verbiage in an effort to dupe somebody into grossly overspending for a baseball card.

I do not know you. I do not know the seller. I do not know Mario. Right now, I am simply absorbing everything that has been presented in this discussion. One thing is clear, however: the aforementioned auction, in my opinion, lends credence to what Mario has posted.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 05-07-2014 at 04:52 PM.