View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 06:52 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

What an unbelievable pile of malarky. So basically, if I am reading the eBay gibberish correctly, the fixed price with BIN option is no more unless I agree to pay a membership fee--that is really what a 'store' is for any weekend warrior.

I doubt that they have a shred of research that shows auction-style is the best way to make a sale. I call BS on that. Price is the sole reason why an item sells, not format. What they're really saying is that they want a membership fee and to get it they will try to force sellers to risk everything on an auction listing or ante up. It isn't good for buyers; eBay doesn't give a rat's arse about buyers or sellers. If they force everyone to list at $0.99 or pay a fee, watch the number of casual listings plummet. Again. If the free auctions are at any start price, though, all they do is cause me to start my auctions at what would have been my fixed price. Or maybe I will just say "WTF, that thousand dollar card can start at $0.99" rather than pay thirty cents to fix price list it. Sure. Right after I pull a flying monkey out of my @$$.

The most infuriating line in this eBay crap-fest is the claim that limiting my ability to list items and adding to my overhead will "make [my] selling even more successful"; can someone explain that one to me, because I am unable to wrap my tiny intellect around how fewer options at a higher cost is better for me. Or is "successful" eBay-speak for "expensive for customers but more profitable for us"?

Thanks, eBay, you definitely 'inserted' something...

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 05-06-2014 at 06:55 AM.