View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 09:46 AM
Pau.l C

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
I understand what you're saying, but it's just hard to imagine someone doing that. Let's say when you paid $5K for that card, you were in a bidding war with one other bidder and it drive the price to $5K, but you won the card. Now another card of the same kind and grade is on eBay with a high bid of $2K. Well, this time there is no bidding war to drive the price up. I can't see you bidding on the card at that point, just to keep the VCP average up. What if you ended up winning the card for say $2200 because nobody outbid you? Now you have two cards, one you paid $5K for, the other you paid $2200 for, and it still lowers the VCP average to $3600.

I just can't see someone throwing up a bid on a card to keep the VCP price up knowing that they could possibly "win" the card.
a similar rare card doesn't have to owned to be bid up obviously.
If I saw a card I valued at 5k by Rick & VCP & I could get it for 3k and offer it for 4 and feel like I was giving someone a better deal than previous prices I would consider it. Clearly I am not alone in that or I would win more of those cards at 40% below VCP. Maybe I'm shill & I didn't even know it