View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post
I don't see the bottom falling out anytime soon. We had a period of 2008-2011, mirroring the economy where prices got softer, but most issues have recovered and several have surpassed prices realized at that time. It's like land "they ain't making it anymore". For those hoping of a crash and sweeping up bargains, I don't think they will ever see it. Unless you want to go on Craig's List and buy "Old Baseball Cards" all the 1980's/90's sets and wax you can haul home for chump change.
Hi Scott,

I never say never, but I pretty much agree with what you wrote. I also feel the bargain prices of 2008-2011/12 are behind us, and the 2014 prices seem much stronger for quality pre-war material.

In terms of the OP, I'm mostly a card collector, so most of my attention was there. I put in placeholder bids on 21 lots I liked. A mixture (mostly cards) of E-cards, W-cards, T204s, 19th C display pieces and HOF autographs. Every single one one of my card lots went too high for me...almost all well above VCP-recorded transactions in the 2008-2012 period.

I ended up getting a lovely 19th C display piece for a relatively low price...no cards.

Cheers,
Blair