View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 05:39 PM
Greg Mitchell

Default Update: Screening of my film in Cooperstown tomorrow (May 18)

Thrilled about this even though not baseball (yet, you might say, involving one of the true all-time heavy hitters): The acclaimed new film that I co-produced, "Following the Ninth"--on the amazing cultural influence of Berthoven's final symphony and "Ode to Joy"--is being screened in Cooperstown on May 18 as part of a community-wide celebration and benefit for the local Food Pantry. I'll be speaking that night and at local schools the next day. I've also written a book, "Journeys With Beethoven," with the director of the film, Kerry Candaele.

If that name strikes a chord--yes, he is the brother of longtime big leaguer Casey Candaele. And Kerry earlier helped create the documentary "A League of Their," later turned into a certain Hollywood hit. Kerry's mom was one of the original stars portrayed (in composite) in the Tom Hanks film and he provided some material for the exhibit at the Hall...

Completing this cycle...my book about managing my son in Little League, "Joy in Mudville," is part of the collection at the Hall. It was optioned for a Hollywood film by...Tom Hanks. And two years ago I went to the wedding of one of the kids, "RBI Keiser," featured in the book....in Cooperstown at the Otesaga....

Here's link to the May 18 event:

http://cooperstownfoodpantry.org/cri...n-cooperstown/

Last edited by GregMitch34; 05-17-2014 at 06:09 AM.