View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 11:20 AM
Mike

Default Net54 Network of Survivor Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I might add, if I can ever be of any help in helping out a family left with cards, it would be my honor. I promise I would go overboard on helping and no, it might not be my auction house that is best. I would even help them negotiate the best deal for the situation. But more importantly I hope I never have to do that as it would be a sad time.
When I landed on this board nearly two years ago, the first thread that caught my eye was along these same lines. The consensus was then, as it is now, to prepare an escape strategy for our survivors if we don't sell off our collectors while we can. After spending this time here, there are a few things that I am sure of....

1. This community is ever-changing. We have all seen the posts announcing the passing of long time hobbyists. We have all seen the posts from the proud Poppas showing their tykes and their first baseball card pacifiers. A good number of us spend as much if not more time interacting with friends here than people in our everyday lives.

2. The knowledge here is endless. Any collection could be evaluated and/or appraised. (Anything we do not know, we could easily fake.) We certainly have enough active board members to be close enough to anywhere to get a qualified eyeball on any collection.

3. There are enough collectors here to absorb most any collection.

4. What could not be absorbed could certainly be addressed on the BST or the Bay. We also have a number of auction house folks here led by our fearless leader, Leon.

5. This would be a grand undertaking. In reality, it is not likely to be accomplished free-of-charge but we could likely do it for the second cousin rate.

I don't know how serious I am. I am generally so silly that even I don't know when I am being serious. I don't know if it COULD be done but we sure could do as good a job of it as any other group of collectors in the hobby. Damn, we are good.!