View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 07:15 PM
Joe Gonsowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmtiger View Post
Today with a trade with Joe G. I completed the 28 poses of the 1887 Detroit Wolverines Team. The last card that I needed was Charlie Ganzel (catch at shoulder). Thanks to anyone who contributed too this feat. Ironically I traded a card that Joe G. had at one time and traded to me.

Special thanks to Joe G. for many trades and sales, plus helping me learn more about the Old Judge cards.

Still looking for other Detroit player cards pictured with Detroit or other team uniforms.

Thanks Joe
Fantastic Joe, Congratulations!!

I know this was a very long pursuit for you. I enjoyed each and every trade we made along the way. Your collection contains some of the hobbies finest Detroit cards including your remarkable Hanlon (pristine image quality and condition). The 1887 Detroit subset is interesting with the stadium backdrop, sequential numbering by Goodwin & Co., manageable at 28 cards, among the easier (more collectable) OJ cards, and of course lines up nicely with their World Championship season. I just wish the 1887 run included Lady Baldwin, Charlie Bennett, Pete Conway, Pretzel Getzien, and Deacon White. But I guess the 1888 Detroit cards are there to keep all of us Detroit collectors chasing these cardboard gems for eternity. Well done!
- 19th century Detroit memorabilia and cards with emphasis on Goodwin & Co. issues ( N172 / N173 / N175 ) and Tomlinson cabinets
- N333 SF Hess Newsboys League cards (all teams)
- Pre ATC Merger (1890 and prior) cigarette packs and redemption coupons from all manufacturers

Last edited by Joe_G.; 04-10-2014 at 07:29 PM.