View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 08:23 AM
Chris

My understanding is the same. They are simple black and white cards. At least one of the two has staple holes and was stapled to a sheet of paper at some point in the past. They are believed to have come from Woody Gelman. As far as I know, there are only two Mantles out there. Someone on here posts theirs occasionally, but I cannot recall where the thread is or who the member is off the top of my head. As far as I know, the Dice Game did not make it as far along in production as some of the other rare test/proto types from the 50s/60s.

As for the 63 Plaque, it is a pretty weird looking piece. It is rare but not nearly as rare as the Dice Game. It was supposedly advertised as a send away on what I believe were high series packs. There is some debate about whether this is actually true or not. I have not seen an advertisement for it.

Just my thoughts. I am far from an advanced collector, and I am sure others will weigh in with some better insight.