View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 11:29 AM
Jeff P0tter

Default Autograph Value Trends

After having a discussion with a friend about this the other day, I thought this would be an interesting topic, especially for those who buy/sell/trade a lot of autographs. Prices seem really strong over the last few years for the pre war autograph legends, names like Wagner, Cy Young, etc. They are hard to find at a decent price to buy, but always very easy to sell if you have a nice one. The 1950's-ish tough Hall of Famers, like Clemente, or Jackie Robinson seem to not quite be increasing as much, if at all, at least for what I have seen. I have been pretty amazed at how affordable a decent, authentic Jackie Robinson autograph can be found for in the last couple years, and team signed Pirates baseballs, especially ones with a "lighter" hand auto of clemente, can be had for what seems to be lower than expected prices. In addition, some newer niches have really taken off, like T206 player autographs, especially the scarce ones. What specific examples have you encountered that exceeded, or lagged, the overall market it seems in the last few years? What new niches, if you care to share, do you think may become hot in the coming years?

Last edited by ATP; 04-04-2014 at 11:37 AM. Reason: type