View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 08:15 AM
Pau.l C

Finally, for those who think cleaning a card is okee dokey, I am sure if you have a card cleaned and the improved look causes the card to improve in grading, you ARE going to both disclose the card has been cleaned AND sell the card for the value of the lower grade, right?

David Smith[/QUOTE]

Your car analogy is interesting. Everyone who is against using water or cleaning cards in any manner MUST realize they do not know the whole history of their century old cards? They could have been washed or cleaned in the cards long life. Tons of old T206'sgraded 5-6-7 have evidence of scrapbooks etc. If you find out your favorite NM graded card was "altered" by cleaning with water or whatever will you have it re slabbed to reflect what you perceive as altered? I have never cleaned a card but I have an old T202 with M.Brown that has scrapbook paper stuck to it & after owning the card for 40 years I AM going to wash it!!! And to tell the truth I am kind of excited about it. I won't sell it & if I do a perfect job it could only grade a 1 or 1.5.