View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 04:05 PM
Alan Elefson

I had a great time! It is much smaller than the November show but there are still a lot of vintage dealers there. Kamikid, I saw several 33 Goudey groupings but not many 34s. It is not something I usually look for though, so there is a good possibility several are there. One of my favorite things about these shows is how much raw stuff there is. I never buy graded stuff so it is always nice to see large stacks of prewar cards in their in card savers.

There are some incredible items there for sale! I picked up a few things including a large lot of prewar cards for 100.00 (many of them are panels from T202s, but I also got 5 T206s, and 6 Barker game cards, plus a bunch of strip cards, non-sports, and Callahans). I also picked up a cool 1912 program from a local prep school. Plus a few other items (more on two of them later).

I will be back tomorrow. One of the great things about both shows in Wilmington are the items that walk in to the show. While some of the sellers go directly to the big auction houses, I am amazed at what the smaller dealers are able to obtain.

I am looking forward to meeting any fellow Net54ers tomorrow. It was good to see Don today.

Alan