View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 10:45 AM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokelessjoe View Post
I can see that Wonka is hung up on Brite White Borders... Ok Wonka, lets say you have a card that already has Brite White Borders but also has a streak of something running horizontally across the card and unfortunately right across the players face - you cannot tell me for a fact that you know what soaking this card in water or anything else is going to do... Would you have a problem if using the water removed all the evidence of the stain? But do not forget this card has Brite White Borders before and after the soak - no change in that regard.

I see your stance (wonka) as a double standard - its convenient for you as water is something you have dealt with. This reminds of some arguments that my wife will often pose in that "I do not do it anywhere near as much as she does".

I think you are telling me as well, that you would be ok with Dick Towles process as long as the stain removal process he uses left some evidence of the stain? Is this correct?

John,
Nothing personal here - like I said earlier its an interesting subject to me.
Shawn you are just grasping at odd hypotheticals to try and make soaking a card off a scrap book page in the same hemisphere as Dick’s work of cleaning and crease pressing. Not sure what else I can say. I will say it once again perhaps you will be the person who addresses this and doesn’t go back to trying to split hairs to make a case. Or go back to posting chemistry debates on H2O etc.

You tell me what bowl of warm water removes stains from Planks, brightens the entire card and removes most all traces of toning and age? Also tell me if it’s not a big deal why did the auction house try and hide this?

If not wanting to be lied to and be sold doctored up cards that had wax, tape stains and creases that now are sent in to Dick under secrecy and then sold to collectors with no disclosure at a huge profit makes me a hypocrite guilty as charged.

Cheers,

John

Last edited by wonkaticket; 03-27-2014 at 11:13 AM.