View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 03:39 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNTx View Post
Thanks for the info guys - it's from a very old man who wants nothing to do with grading and says he has had this for 20 plus years. Haven't seen in person yet but am going to try and get better pics out of top holder. He has all kinds of 50s and 60s cards from sets and is beginning to part with some of them. All the major fake things for type a seemed ok when i looked at scan (things lining up on back, pixel missing lower left corner, etc) just wanting others opinions
I vote not to give up on it yet.. especially if you can see it in person. I agree with your comment on the black border on front, it matches mine (aligment, missing pixel, little dog ear) to a T... as does the name block. The Yankee logo and bat look good too.. and I can see no discernable difference in image/color (but of course taking out of holder, seeing in higher res and/or in person and/or with loupe would make it much easier to see flaws). I don't dispute anything anyone else says, nor do I think there are not major red flags, but I'd never turn my back on it, especially if you can meet in person. It's all good as long as you don't need to give him money before doing your due dilligence. Could very well be a fake, but could be an absolute gem too.

When I purchased mine, I'd talked to seller by phone 4-5 times, met him in person at LAX, had his personal/business contact info, and received the card still packaged in box from PSA.. I had even been able to track it's shipment from them to him (He signed for it about 1 hour before catching his flight to LAX).. and I had talked to PSA while card was there. You don't have those luxuries, but long short is to take every precaution you can. However my personal opinion is also not to exclude yourself from the opportunity yet. I am very happy I was willing to withhold early judgement based on seller's low feedback total/% and crap listing photos.

Adding- Regardless, good luck!!

Last edited by itjclarke; 03-15-2014 at 03:40 PM. Reason: good luck