View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 04:52 PM
Kevin Qui.nn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
Wrong. The face is obviously more pink, not an illusion. This is a double strike of the magenta. Also the card was miscut but it doesn't look like a recent trim as the edge is worn even.

There was a thread I started about it when I first bought it. This is from that thread and shows closeups of the dot pattern:

Link to that orig thread:
http://www.net54baseball.com/newrepl...reply&p=969213
my point here would be:

it also appears that what you see is really in your card's edge image is the blush color and a light magenta color, not a double strike of the same color. why would anyone print the same color down two times?

take two cards that appear different and explode out the dot patterns and colors to show what distinct colors were laid down on the card some where in the middle of the card. I say middle of the card because the edges more commonly show more staining and wear, than the middle, particularly from hand oil, dust and dirt etc.

if there is an extra dot color on one card vs the other then you are not correct. pick a plain Jane red background card. that would probably be the easiest to do.

I'm not home or I would do it.

Kevin