Thread: OT. Wives
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 09:37 AM
Arnie

Years ago my wife used to surprise me with statues and replicas from the Danbury Mint. Now that I dont collect stuff like that anymore (I am basically cards only now), she tells me how much money she wants to spend for an occasion like a birthday and I will show her what card I want on Ebay and she gets it for me.

Sometimes we will make a deal on an expensive card and say this is for 2 or 3 occasions, or even a couple of years as we did in the case of her buying me a 1952 Topps Mantle PSA-1.

She has zero intrest of course in my stuff, but I love that she is totally willing to give me cards like this for every occasion.

Note: To Il Padrino above, I have to lie to my wife about what the cards cost that I buy on a regular basis. She would go nuts if she had any idea how much I spend. She knows at my age the cards are NOT an investment, and that I buy a lot of lessor condition cards that will go up in value less than nicer cards, and she has idea's about our budget that are different than mine!! Meanwhile, we are doing just fine this way, both financially and in our relationship!!

Last edited by dabigyankeeman; 03-08-2014 at 09:40 AM.