View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 06:04 PM

Everything listed below is an archive of twiley's old thread before he deleted it. No sense in losing valuable information!

(pics transferred to my photobucket too)

================================================== ====================================

Hi, This has always intrigued me. The history of PSA's flips. So I decided to the best of my knowledge put this together for future reference for all to use when ever someone has a flip question. Especially if they want to know if a flip is legitimate or not. This is a work in progress and a rough draft and will be corrected if there are errors and corrections that need to be made. If something is not correct please let me know so I can make the correction on this post.

Regular standard size flip:

PSA flip style 1. 1991 - 1992 This style flip is PSA's first flip ever produced.
Note the slashes through the zeros and the bar code is long. The back of the flip has a hologram that has "PSA" within it. The hologram is bonded on the outside, but it's not a sticker. It is bonded to the plastic the same way the white PSA logo is. The T206 Wagner pictured below is PSA's very first graded/authenticated card being the very first PSA flip. It also appears that the Wagner flip hologram was an outside sticker? It looks like it is peeling off in the scan below.

[/q]