Thread: Cool Story
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 10:14 AM
Shawn England

I was able to see the Coins first hand on display last weekend! Took my son & daughter to the ANA Coin Show of which Kagin's had a booth set up.

A week, week and a half ago I heard the story on the radio - I came home and told the wife & kids about the "buried treasure" find... Kids were so excited to hear about it, they wanted to go and dig in the yard that night! A few days later I heard another story about the gold coins on the radio and that the coins would be on display at the ANA show located about an hour from the house. So this past weekend I loaded up the kids and surprised them!

Side Note:

I was so surprised at how kid friendly the coin show was. It turns out - that for my kids the gold coins ended up being an after thought. The show had set up a treasure hunt, create your own coin, coins of the world, books, candy on and on... They really had a focus on the kids - this included all of the dealers, vendors and coins guys. And do not get me wrong this was no small venue, it was huge. It was like the National. We would walk up to a dealers booth who was obviously a big time seller - guys all around trying to buy stuff from him - all the dealers would stop and talk to my kids - most would give them a coin etc.... Just a great experience
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sterling - Copy (1280x960).jpg (75.8 KB, 217 views)