Thread: Missing Ink
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 09:30 PM
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
There's a group of 350's that come with odd shading or lack of it. I haven't really kept track of which ones yet, but they do turn up often enough that I think it's a particular run that was eventually corrected.

Steve B
It's interesting that you said this Steve because for awhile now I've contemplated starting a thread about the Bill Abstein T206. The majority of them (fronts) that I've seen have a red background, but quite a few, like this one I have, are clearly orange. I don't have a red background Abstein, but will post another card with a red background for comparison purposes.

This Abstein with the orange background is a Piedmont 350 Factory 25. My question is- was this orange background intended to be orange? If it's just missing the red pass, could this possibly be placed on a sheet of other cards from the Piedmont 350 series that are legitimately missing the red pass? Also, since red is a primary color, would they lay down orange just to put red over it? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Sincerely, Clayton

P.S. I posted the back to show there was no glue residue-clean back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T206-2 094.jpg (58.5 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg T206-2 095.jpg (54.4 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg T206-2 020.jpg (61.9 KB, 120 views)