Thread: Heritage Wins?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 09:49 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by phikappapsi View Post
again, I said "somewhat similarly" one already sold for $249K(which I thought was crazy) so you can't say the E98's aren't already in the landscape.

Again, I agree there are more rare exemplars... None of them have the story. The T206 story took 50+ years to really get a foothold, and the "mystery" of the short run is most of the mystique.

The Black Swamp Find, in my mind will in time be it's own legend.

Again, not at the levels of T206, or for that matter the BN ruth, but i certainly think this "legend" has room to grow also.
As someone who collects some scarce cards, and has for 15+ years, I can safely say, unequivocally, the demand side of the value equation is the most important, by far. The BSF Wags that sold for the 249k was the best card in the find. It might have some room to grow being the very best of the whole thing. The rest of them, I am less inclined to think will go up. But they are beautiful cards and that Wags shown at 15k isn't a bad deal. It's already gone down 10k from the initial sale.....buy low, sell high >

btw, this Wags is probably more than 10x as rare as a T206 Wags but not worth 1/100th of one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pd381wagner.jpg (72.0 KB, 319 views)

Last edited by Leon; 02-26-2014 at 09:52 AM.