View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 01:23 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
I love the home run baker, cochrane rookie, DiMaggio, Lou and future wife ,feller and umpire photos. Great pickups fellas. I looked back and certainly some good photos that went cheap(deals to be had). The rookie scooter and rookie elston went for peanuts. I picked up the Ruth 700 hr. The image quality isn't the best but it certainly is historic and have only seen one other. I paid a lil more than I wanted but as I was just told by a fellow collector.. "We always do". And I guess that is pretty spot on! Ha!
I was originally just looking at St. Louis related photos. Then I saw this one when looking through the rookie photos and really liked it. I was surprised that I was able to get it less than $100 (actually all three of my photos I got for less than $100 each. All the ones I was at over $100 for when I went to bed were out bid by the morning leaving me with nice little deals).

As the word "iconic" is being mentioned in another thread, I can say that this image isn't iconic. But it is a very nice photo from a mere month after his first MLB game.